Last Updated: May 5, 2023
chatalog is developed and owned by Set Sail Venture Limited. Throughout the site, the terms “chatalog”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Set Sail Venture Limited, its subsidiaries and affiliates (as applicable). Set Sail Venture Limited offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you (collectively the “Service”), the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site, using the Service, using any of our products and services, participating in an electronic conversation facilitated by our products and services, and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in the “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service” or “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, consumers and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using the Service. By accessing or using any part of the Service, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any Services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current website shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Service following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
chatalog reserves the right to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Service at any time for any reason with or without notice. chatalog reserves the right to change our monthly/annual fees upon 30 days notice. Fee change will be notified per email to all our subscribers and will be reflected on the pricing page at https://chatalog.ai/pricing. chatalog reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Should you continue to use the Service after any such modifications have been made, this shall constitute your agreement to such modifications.
During the Term, Customer hereby grants to chatalog a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable and non-sub-licensable (other than to affiliates) royalty-free licence to use Customer’s trademarks and logos made available to chatalog by Customer as part of this Agreement, solely in connection with the marketing, advertising, and promotion of the chatalog Solution, including listing the Customer and the Customer Application on the chatalog Website; and only in accordance with Customer’s reasonable trademark usage guidelines, as updated by Customer from time to time. Customer may require chatalog to cease using Customer’s trademarks and logos if, in the reasonable opinion of Customer, the continued display of Customer’s trademarks and logos would cause a materially adverse effect on Customer’s image and the goodwill associated therewith.
chatalog expressly reserves all rights, title, and interest in, and Customer will not acquire any right, title or interest in: (i) the chatalog Solution (or any part thereof) and any other materials or content provided by chatalog under this Agreement, including any and all Modifications to any of the foregoing; and (ii) all intellectual property rights in any of the foregoing (clauses (i) and (ii) are collectively, the “chatalog Property”), in each case. All right, title and interest in the chatalog Property will remain with chatalog (or chatalog’s third party suppliers, as applicable). Customer may not copy, modify, adapt, reproduce, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile, or disassemble any aspect of the Service which chatalog or its suppliers own. Customer agrees not to resell, duplicate, reproduce or exploit any part of the Service without the express written permission of chatalog. For greater certainty, the chatalog Property is licensed and not “sold” to Customer. chatalog claims no intellectual property rights over the Content you upload or provide to the Service.
Customer acknowledges and agrees that chatalog may store, use, reproduce, Modify, and transfer to its subcontractors, Customer Data, including Personal Data, solely in connection with delivering the Services under this Agreement. Customer further acknowledges and agrees that chatalog may store, use, reproduce, Modify, and transfer data that is not related to an identified or identifiable natural person, including aggregated or de-identified data, without limitation, for its internal business purposes, including but not limited to such purposes as analytics, quality assurance, product and service improvement, and new product and service development. Customer agrees to cause any Administrative User, Customer’s Client, and Chat Participant to agree to the terms.
Upon Customer’s request, chatalog will issue one or more team member accounts to Customer that provides Customer with the capability to create accounts for use by individuals who are an employee or contractor of Customer and that Customer wishes to have access to and use of the chatalog Platform. Customer will ensure that team member accounts only use the chatalog Platform through their Customer Account. Customer will not share the team member accounts with any other person and will not allow team member accounts to share their Customer Account with any other person. Customer will promptly notify chatalog of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of the chatalog Platform. chatalog reserves the right to suspend, deactivate, or replace any Customer Account or team member accounts if it determines that the Customer Account or team member account, as applicable, may have been used for an unauthorized purpose.
Customers are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your accounts. chatalog will not be held liable for any damage or loss that may result from your failure to protect your login information, including your password.
Customer acknowledges and agrees that it is responsible for the activities and communications of all Team Members and Chat Participants on the chatalog Platform, and the compliance by all Team Members, Customer’s Clients and Chat Participants with this Agreement, and any guidelines and policies published by chatalog from time to time.
The Customer is fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You are responsible for all Content send and activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is sent by others to your account).
Without limiting the generality of any of the foregoing, Customer will not, and will not permit any other person (including any Administrative Users, Customer’s Clients or Chat Participants) to:
use the chatalog Platform to send, upload, collect, transmit, store, use, disclose or process, or ask chatalog to obtain from third parties or perform any of the above with respect to, any Customer Data: that contains any computer viruses, worms, malicious code, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; that Customer or the applicable Team Members, Customer’s Client or Chat Participant does not have the lawful right to send, upload, collect, transmit, store, use, disclose, process, copy, transmit, distribute and display; that is false, intentionally misleading, or impersonates any other person; that is bullying, harassing, abusive, threatening, vulgar, obscene, or offensive, or that contains pornography, nudity, or graphic or gratuitous violence, or that promotes violence, racism, discrimination, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; that is harmful to minors in any way or targeted at persons under the age of 16; that violates any applicable laws, or infringes, violates or otherwise misappropriates the intellectual property or other rights of any third party (including any moral right, privacy right or right of publicity); or that encourages any conduct that may violate, any applicable laws or would give rise to civil or criminal liability;
disable, overly burden, impair, or otherwise interfere with servers or networks connected to the chatalog Platform (e.g., a denial of service attack); – attempt to gain unauthorized access to the chatalog Platform;
use any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods, or copy, Modify, reverse engineer, reverse assemble, disassemble, or decompile the chatalog Solution or any part thereof or otherwise attempt to discover any source code, except as expressly provided for in this Agreement;
use the chatalog Solution for the purpose of building a similar or competitive product or service; or
use the chatalog Solution other than as permitted by this Agreement;
Messaging Platforms here includes but not limited to WhatsApp, Facebook & Instagram. The Customer shall adhere to all the terms & conditions set by Meta at all times. Messaging Platform such as WhatsApp may update their Business Policy without notice; by continuing to use the Messaging Platforms solution after such change, Customer consents to such changes.
– The Customer is not in violation of the Commerce Policy (if applicable), and not in any of the restricted industries.
– Messaging Platforms may add limits to businesses on the number of messages to send per day. All Customers must adhere to this Messaging Limit (https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/api/rate-limits)
– Messaging Platform such as WhatsApp has the absolute discretion to review, approve or reject any Message Templates (as defined in WhatsApp documentations) at any time. – Customer agrees to ensure full compliance with Messaging Platforms’ Policies regarding sending of messages
– WhatsApp does not offer a way to be notified when a user has blocked your sender, or to retrieve a list of users who have blocked you.
– Any violation of these Messaging Platforms policies may lead to suspension of your messaging platform account. Messaging Platforms have absolute discretion to limit or remove Customer’s access to or use of their Products if Customer receives excessive negative feedback, causes harm to Messaging Platforms’ users, or violates or encourages others to violate our terms or policies, as determined by Meta in our sole discretion. If Meta terminates your account for violations of relevant Business terms or policies, Meta may prohibit Customer and Customer organization from all future use of Meta products.
– chatalog shall take no responsibility in case of any such violations. Any additional charges arising due to this shall be borne by the Customer.
– Once registered on chatalog, Customers cannot reuse the WhatsApp number on WhatsApp Business App or WhatsApp mobile app. The Customer owns the phone number.
– WhatsApp imposes reviews, such as Facebook business verification (https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817?id=180505742745347) to ensure the quality of businesses using WhatsApp products. These requirements are prerequisites to use WhatsApp Business API, and chatalog. WhatsApp has absolute discretion to approve Customer’s usage of WhatsApp products. chatalog will assist with the application and submission process
– By using chatalog, clients agree to the setup for WABA and WhatsApp business API, and will provide all the prerequisite documents as required by Whatsapp & Facebook.
– WhatsApp may change acceptable message types and related policies at their absolute discretion at all times.
– The Customer may only initiate chats if you are sending a transactional notification, and only via approved Message Templates (as defined in WhatsApp documentation), subject to applicable pricing. Any Message Templates must comply with WhatsApp’s terms, and only be used for their designated purpose. WhatsApp has the right to review, approve and reject any Message Template at any time.
– Customer acknowledges that they are responsible for the variable Message Template costs, billed by chatalog.
– If a person initiates a chat with Customer, you may continue that conversation via WhatsApp for up to 24 hours after the last message sent to you by that person without charge (“Customer Service Window”). Outside of the Customer Service Window, Customer may only send messages via approved Message Templates, for which chatalog will bill and charge Customer the applicable rate.
– Customer may use automation when responding during the Customer Service Window, but must also have available prompt, clear, and direct escalation paths to human agents.
Customer can reach chatalog’s technical support from 10:00am to 7:00pm HKT (GMT+8:00) on weekdays (other than holidays observed by chatalog) through email support, or through the web site using our chat widget, or by mailing us via email@example.com.
Customer will pay to chatalog the applicable fees described on the chatalog.ai Website (the “Pricing”) during the Term in accordance with the payment terms set out herein.
chatalog fees do not include any charges that may be assessed by Third Party Messaging Platforms for access to or use of a channel. Such charges shall be the responsibility of Customer, whether paid directly to the Third Party Messaging Platforms or whether such access is resold through chatalog, in which case chatalog shall advise Customer in writing as to the applicable charges and Customer shall have the right to accept such charges or decline them and not use the associated channel. In the event a Third Party Messaging Platforms imposes special requirements on chatalog beyond API integrations, including but not limited to hosting endpoints unique to that channel, then chatalog shall have the right to charge Customer for this additional service and Customer shall have the right to accept such charges or decline them and not use the associated channel.
– chatalog Platform Fees shall be in Hong Kong Dollars;
– chatalog Platform Fees shall be auto charged according to its subscription period, either monthly or yearly.
– WhatsApp Conversation Credits shall be in U.S. Dollars;
– The Fees start immediately after you make the payment. The onboarding verification time is counted towards the subscription.
– One-time onboarding fee for WhatsApp Green Checkmark Verification is non-refundable. WhatsApp holds absolute discretion whether to grant Green Checkmark, that they verify Customer as an authentic, notable brand that owns the WhatsApp account. https://developers.facebook.com/docs/whatsapp/guides/display-name/
– chatalog shall charge and invoice the Customer applicable Fees in accordance with our pricing schedule, in advance, by credit card, on the Effective Date and on every anniversary thereafter. Subscription Fees is charged on a pre-pay basis. and WhatsApp Conversation Fees is also charged on a pre-pay basis at the end of each month, and will cover the use of that variable messages fees for the previous month. All monthly & usage payments are nonrefundable.
– The customer is responsible for all charges incurred (for example – international remittance, bank transfer, and handling fees), and charge shall receive the total amount stated in the invoice.
– There will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade/downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account. In order to treat everyone equally, no exceptions will be made.
– Payment obligations hereunder are not subject to any set-off or withholding rights whatsoever, any and all of which are hereby expressly waived by Customer.
– Disputed Invoices or Charges. If Customer in good faith disputes any portion of a chatalog invoice or charge, Customer may provide a dispute notice to chatalog with written documentation identifying and substantiating the disputed amount within fifteen (15) days from receipt of the applicable invoice or charge, and if applicable, at the time it pays the undisputed portion of such invoice, withhold payment of such disputed portion. If Customer does not report or does not provide such substantiating documentation within that period, Customer shall be deemed to have waived its right to dispute any and all portions of that invoice.
– Late Payment. Except for bona fide disputed amounts, any failure to make a payment of any Fees or taxes in strict conformity with the requirements entitle chatalog to downgrade, in whole or in part, access to Services, until such payment is received. Additionally, chatalog shall assess and Customer shall pay a charge, compounded monthly, of the lesser of (a) 1.5% per month (19.56% per year) or (b) the highest amount allowed by law on all past due amounts (except amounts disputed). Furthermore, upon any such failure all outstanding amounts shall become due and payable without further delay.
– Any invoice overdue for more than 30 days will result in account suspension. The customer’s account will only be activated after all overdue invoices are fully settled.
– Any cancellation of your Account will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. This information cannot be recovered from chatalog once your account is cancelled.
– Taxes. The Fees set out in this Agreement do not include applicable taxes, duties, withholdings, tariffs, levies, customs, capital or income taxes or other governmental charges or expenses, including but not limited to value added tax, sales tax, consumption tax and similar taxes or duties as well as any current or future municipal, state, federal or provincial taxes, and Customer will pay, indemnify and hold harmless chatalog from same, other than taxes based on the net income or profits of chatalog.
The Parties acknowledge that the following provisions have been negotiated by them and reflect a fair allocation of risk and form an essential basis of the bargain and will survive and continue in full force and effect despite any failure of consideration or of an exclusive remedy:
AMOUNT. IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF chatalog IN CONNECTION WITH OR UNDER THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF FEES PAID BY CUSTOMER IN THE PRIOR 12 MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OR $500USD, WHICHEVER IS THE LESSER. FOR GREATER CERTAINTY, THE EXISTENCE OF ONE OR MORE CLAIMS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT INCREASE THIS MAXIMUM LIABILITY AMOUNT. IN NO EVENT WILL chatalog’S THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS AGREEMENT.
TYPE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL chatalog BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY USER FOR ANY: (I) SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (II) LOST SAVINGS, PROFIT, DATA, USE, OR GOODWILL; (III) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION; (IV) ANY COSTS FOR THE PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES; (V) PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH; OR (VI) PERSONAL OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS AGREEMENT, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE OF ACTION OR THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, GROSS NEGLIGENCE, FUNDAMENTAL BREACH, BREACH OF A FUNDAMENTAL TERM) OR OTHERWISE AND EVEN IF NOTIFIED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITIES OF SUCH DAMAGES.
chatalog makes no warranties regarding (i) your ability to use the Service, (ii) your satisfaction with the Service, (iii) that the Service will be available at all times, uninterrupted, and error-free (iv), the accuracy of mathematical calculations performed by the Service, and (v) that bugs or errors in the Service will be corrected. chatalog and its affiliates are neither responsible nor liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary, punitive or other damages arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Service. Your sole remedy for dissatisfaction with the Service is to stop using the Service.
This Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and continue to be in effect until your subscription has been terminated in accordance with the terms Customer agreed to on the chatalog website at time of signup (the “Term”). For greater certainty, if Customer has subscribed to an ongoing subscription, then such subscription will automatically renew at its expiry for the same period of time, at the then-current subscription rate described on the chatalog Website.
Either Party may elect to terminate this Agreement and your subscription to chatalog services as of the end of your then current Term by providing notice, on or prior to the date thirty (30) days preceding the end of such Term. For clarity, unless this Agreement and your subscription is so terminated, your subscription will renew for a Term equivalent in length to the then expiring Term. Customer is responsible for properly cancelling your Account. An email request to cancel your Account shall result in cancellation. Any cancellation of your Account will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. This information cannot be recovered from chatalog once your account is cancelled. After terminating a customer account, there will be a 90-day grace period where the customer can reactivate the account. After 90 days, the account deletion process will begin, and the customer will have to purchase a new account and cannot retrieve any of their existing chatalog account information. Please be aware of that. You can cancel at any time, but you will remain liable for all charges accrued up to that time, including full monthly charges for the month which you discontinued service. You will not be charged again. chatalog will use all reasonable efforts to contact you directly via email to warn you prior to suspension or termination of your account. Any suspected fraudulent, abusive, or illegal activity that may be grounds for termination of your use of Service, may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. chatalog shall not be liable to You or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Service. Termination For Non-payment.
chatalog reserves the right to suspend Services if the Customer fails to timely pay any undisputed amounts due to chatalog under this Agreement, but only after chatalog notifies Customer of such failure and such failure continues for thirty (30) calendar days after such notification. Suspension of Services shall not release Customer of its payment obligations under this Agreement. Customer agrees that chatalog shall not be liable to Customer or to any third party for any liabilities, claims or expenses arising from or relating to suspension of the Services resulting from Customer’s non-payment, unless chatalog suspends the Services without giving Customer 30 calendar-days written notice to rectify its failure to pay. Termination will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. This information cannot be recovered from chatalog once your account is terminated. Please be aware of that.
No refunds or credits for Fees will be provided if you elect to terminate this Agreement prior to the end of your Term. If you terminate this Agreement prior to the end of your Term, or chatalog effects such termination, in addition to other amounts you may owe chatalog, you must immediately pay any then unpaid Fees associated with the remainder of your Term. This amount will not be payable by you in the event you terminate as a result of a material breach of this Agreement by chatalog, provided that you provide advance notice of such breach to chatalog and afford chatalog not less than thirty (30) days to reasonably cure such breach.
A Party may terminate this Agreement for cause (a) upon thirty (30) days’ written notice to the other Party of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period; or (b) if the other Party becomes the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors. If this Agreement is terminated by you in accordance with this section, chatalog will, to the extent permitted by applicable law, refund you any prepaid fees covering the remainder of the Term after the effective date of termination. If this Agreement is terminated by chatalog in accordance with this section, you will pay any unpaid fees covering the remainder of the Term. In no event will termination relieve you of your obligation to pay any fees payable to chatalog for the period prior to the effective date of termination.
Notices sent to either Party will be effective when delivered in person or by email, one day after being sent by overnight courier, or two days after being sent by first-class mail postage prepaid to the official contact designated by the Parties and immediately after being received by the other Party’s server. Notices must be in writing and sent: (i) if to chatalog, to the address set out in the introductory paragraph of this Agreement; and (ii) if to Customer, to the current postal or email address that chatalog has on file with respect to Customer. chatalog may change its contact information by posting the new contact information on the chatalog Website or by giving notice thereof to Customer. Customer is solely responsible for keeping its contact information on file with chatalog through the chatalog Platform current at all times during the Term.
Customer will not assign this Agreement to any third party without chatalog’s prior written consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. chatalog may assign this Agreement or any rights under this Agreement to any third party without Customer’s consent in connection with any merger or change of control of chatalog or the sale of all or substantially all of chatalog’s assets provided that any such successor agrees to fulfil its obligations pursuant to this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Section will be void. The terms of this Agreement will be binding upon permitted assignees. This Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the Parties, their permitted successors and permitted assignees.
This Agreement and any action related thereto will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of Hong Kong SAR, without regard to conflicts of law principles. The Parties will initiate any lawsuits in connection with this Agreement in Hong Kong SAR and irrevocably attorn to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts sitting therein. The U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to this Agreement.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Parties rights and remedies under this Agreement are cumulative. The term “include” and “including” mean, respectively, “include without limitation” and “including without limitation.” The headings of sections of this Agreement are for reference purposes only and have no substantive effect. The terms “consent” or “discretion”, when used in respect of chatalog in this Agreement means the right of chatalog to withhold such consent or exercise such discretion, as applicable, arbitrarily and without any implied obligation to act reasonably or explain its decision to Customer.
Neither Party will be liable for delays caused by any event or circumstances beyond chatalog’s reasonable control, including acts of God, acts of government, flood, fire, earthquakes, civil unrest, acts of terror, strikes or other labour problems (other than those involving chatalog employees), Internet service provider failures or delays, or the unavailability or Modification by third parties of third party websites.
Any provision of this Agreement found by a tribunal or court of competent jurisdiction to be illegal or unenforceable will be severed from this Agreement, and all other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
A waiver of any provision of this Agreement must be in writing, and a waiver in one instance will not preclude enforcement of such provision on other occasions.
Customer’s relationship to chatalog is that of an independent contractor, and neither Party is an agent or partner of the other. Customer will not have, and will not represent to any third party that it has, any authority to act on behalf of chatalog.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement and supersedes all other communications, whether written or oral.
Subject to the following sentence, no amendment, supplement, modification, waiver, or termination of this Agreement and, unless otherwise expressly specified in this Agreement, no consent or approval by any Party, will be binding unless executed in writing by the Party or Parties to be bound thereby. NOTWITHSTANDING THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, chatalog MAY UNILATERALLY AMEND THIS AGREEMENT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART (EACH, AN “AMENDMENT”), BY: (I) GIVING CUSTOMER PRIOR NOTICE OF SUCH AMENDMENT; OR (II) POSTING NOTICE OF SUCH AMENDMENT ON THE WEBSITE. UNLESS OTHERWISE INDICATED BY chatalog, ANY SUCH AMENDMENT WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE AS OF THE DATE THE NOTICE OF SUCH AMENDMENT IS PROVIDED TO CUSTOMER OR IS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE (WHICHEVER IS THE EARLIER). IF CUSTOMER HAS PREPAID ANY FEES TO chatalog AND PROVIDES NOTICE TO chatalog WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF AN AMENDMENT THAT CUSTOMER WISHES TO EXERCISE ITS TERMINATION FOR CONVENIENCE RIGHT PURSUANT TO SECTION 14 OF THIS AGREEMENT, THEN chatalog WILL REFUND CUSTOMER AN AMOUNT ON A PRO-RATED BASIS CALCULATED BASED ON THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF TERMINATION UNTIL THE END OF THE PREPAID SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD.
It is the express wish of the Parties that this Agreement and all related documents be drawn up in English.